Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

"The Pill" and the Birth of the Sexual Revolution

As many of you know this past week “the pill” has been talked about as it approaches its 50th anniversary. Well today, May 9th 2010, is the actual 50th anniversary of the day that the FDA approved the first pill, enovid, for use as a contraceptive.


In my opinion, “the pill” is the most influential reason for the sexual revolution that began in the 1960’s. For the first time women, and men for that matter, could have sex and not have to worry about getting pregnant. Now granted in some areas you could only get “the pill” if you were married and even now you need to get permission from parents if you are under age. Still though can you truly imagine what the women at that time felt when they realized that they could control whether or not they could get pregnant instead of having a guy wear a condom or “pull out”.

I am on “the pill” myself and even though I don’t have sex with men that often I still prefer being in control. There is that and the benefit that this particular pill caused my cup size to grow from a full C to a small D.

One final note and that is I find it rather funny that the 50th anniversary of the invention that has prevented countless numbers of pregnancies happens to fall on Mother’s Day.

Kisses and licks,

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment